Monday, December 31

Worries

I've been trying to avoid all the pitfalls of worry that loom large in this whole pregnancy thing, but it's starting to freak me out that I haven't felt the baby move yet. It doesn't help that I just got a postcard from a good friend who is due a week before me, and she writes about how active her little fetus is being.

I know I'm only 17 weeks, and most movement is felt between weeks 15 and 22. Intellectually I know this. But I'm still worrying. I feel little weird things every once in a while, but nothing like "butterflies."

I can't wait for my January ultrasound to resolve this.

4 comments:

whatevergirl said...

I didn't feel butterflies with my first until 20 weeks. And I hate to say it, but this will be the first in a long list of worries!!! Just remember it is very normal to worry as a mother! You will worry if he is hot, cold, too full, hungry, eating enough, sleeping enough, breathing right...the list goes on and on and on...

Nicole said...

At 18 weeks, I still haven't felt any movement. Hope that helps.

Courtney said...

I'm sure it will all be well when you get your ultrasound, but you're in my thoughts anyway.

Wishing you peace of mind, :)

Courtney

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.