Friday, April 4

About time ...

I'm back.

31 weeks pregnant and Fetus is kicking up a storm.

The dogs decided our Internet wireless device was a chew toy all of a sudden, and next thing I know we're disconnected indefinitely as we argue with Verizon over our warranty, discounts, something, anything ... while I understand dog chewing isn't, uh, "normal wear and tear," I have been disappointed with them so many other times that dealing with them again was frustrating. When we first set up our Internet account with them, they didn't send us a bill. After about a month, I, being the true anal-retentive person that I am, noticed and called them up. They responded by saying they would charge us a late fee for this month on next month's bill because I had no excuse for not receiving the bill, since my statement was available online (despite the fact that I hadn't yet set up the account online). Who else would even notice they didn't get a bill, let alone call and complain? I thought they'd say thanks, we'll send it right away. Errr. That was one of several episodes since, so you can see why they're not my favorite company to deal with.

So much has happened that I don't know where to start writing. Gestational diabetes scare, Hubby's composition played by Italian classical guitarist Sandro Di Stefano in concert, a postal baby shower, books read, our cat's new friend, HypnoBirthing classes ... It's a good thing it's supposed to be a rainy weekend. Plus, I feel more inclined to read all of your blogs rather than write in my own--I have to catch up!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

It's good to have you back! I'll admit I was starting to worry a little bit. :) I'm such a nerd.

BerryBird said...

Welcome back... we missed you! I saw over at Momma Val's that you were suffering from a lack of internet--glad you got it all sorted out.

Momma Val said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, thought you'd never get back! Missed you GJ! Am sending a box this week hopefully. Wiggle, kick, it wants out. Day will get here quicker than you think. You have lot's of catching up to do.

a/k/a Nadine said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you & Fetus are doing well.

BrightBoy said...

Tech support people are always useless, no matter what the company.

It's so nice that you're having a baby!

I'm new to the blog community, and so I'm still trying to find the contributors whose work I'll be reading regularly.

I really enjoyed this post.