Friday, September 28

Big plans

I for one was not TGIF, or however you want to say it, today. Guess what I get to do this weekend? Move. But first I have to pack! This past week has been a whirlwind: leave old job, enter new job, birthday, move.

I'm looking forward to getting back to a more normal routine. It's funny how sometimes routine can be so boring, and yet sometimes it's so comforting. It changes back and forth like that for me, unlike some friends who enjoy strictly routine or strictly change. My preference is more about what's going on in my life at the moment. I tend to favor a few changes at a time -- this past week felt like too many changes crammed into too little time, with the end result being not enough time to process what's going on. To be aware. Kind of like talking on the cellphone while riding the subway and listening to an iPod in complete oblivion of what's going on around you. I prefer being in the present - or being present, period.

Ehh, back to packing.

3 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

What's this about a birthday? Was it yours?

Electronic Goose said...

Yes ... and I spent most of the evening packing! lol

Rafael Santiago said...

Happy Belated Birthday Packing Girl!